Sandra Wolfe Christie
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment
- Develops Innovative Design Solutions
- Creates Cohesive & Consistent Visual Branding Systems
- Crafts User Flows & Wireframes
- Thoughtfully Evaluates & Solves Project Challenges
- Project Planning & Management
- Bridges Technical & Creative Teams
- Self Motivated & Result Driven
- Committed To Continuous Skill Enhancement
Education & Professional Associations
- Parsons School Of Design
New York City, NY & Paris, France
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Design
- MIT Certificate Computer Science and Programming Using Python
- MIT Certificate Cybersecurity: Technology, Application and Policy
- MIT Certificate Programming with Java
My design journey began at Parsons School of Design, New York City and Paris, where I earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Design. I have continued my education leaning into technology by taking courses in and through MIT’s certificate programs, which have given me deeper insights into computer science and cybersecurity.
My professional career launched at Sebastian International in Los Angeles, where I dived into print packaging and advertising design for premium cosmetics. The digital revolution drew me towards multimedia design, leading to my tenure as an Art Director at Sound Source Interactive.
After spending a few years out West, I returned to New York and began working on various multimedia projects. This included work for some high-profile companies as Disney, Abbott Pharmaceutical (and others). In addition to my full-time job, I had the rewarding opportunity to share my knowledge part-time in Parsons’ multimedia lab as an adjunct instructor.
My philosophy revolves around the belief that every problem holds a solution. As a digital designer, I visualize and bring to life technological solutions that make an engaging online or offline experience for users.
Thank you for visiting my page and invite you to connect if you’re looking for a unique solution to your digital design challenges.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital & Print Design
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Photo Editing
- Generative AI Imagery
- ChatGPT Prompt Creation
- WordPress Design & Development
- Website Management & Maintenance
- WordPress Malware Removal
- Project Planning
- Social Media Graphics
- Mailchimp & Email graphics
Reuters - Multi-User Training Program For Global Software Engineers
- Challenge: Develop a highly complex, multi-user training program for global software engineers in multiple international locations without high-speed internet capabilities.
- Actions: Assembled a team of programmers, designers, animators, and others to assess project scope. Harnessed available resources and wrote course content in consultation with corporate trainers.
- Developed an instructor-led online application in under a year that enabled engineers to obtain annual certification and associated training remotely eliminating travel expenses.
- Allowed for a rich media experience, including video, real-time monitored exams, instructor lead chats, and moderator interactions over low-speed or dialup internet connections by reimagining existing gaming technology to allow auto-sync of CD-ROM course materials.
Tradeshow Website Generation
- Challenge: Retained as a subcontractor to develop a multisite network for the marketing department of this billion-dollar company. The objective was to easily generate responsive tradeshow websites as needed.
- Actions: Utilized the WordPress Multisite Network architecture to tie into the company’s list of sales and marketing personnel. The marketing dept was able to generate a unique site with a custom URL with no IT support. Each site could be generated and populated with show schedules, booth assignments, personnel, event details, and a mass mailing to potential attendees to register. Attendee registration, tracking, and follow-up were also managed by the system automatically.
- Each site took less than an hour to configure.
- Hours of in-house resources were saved by tracking attendees and assigning booth schedules. Real-time show alerts and assignments were sent via SMS.
Merriam Webster - Spec Sheet Distribution Website
Client: Federal Street Press (Division of Merriam Webster)
- Challenge: Rebrand the Federal Street Press division, redesign collateral, and develop a web presence to include an extensive online catalog.
- Actions: Performed in-depth needs analysis to ensure the new website addressed and advanced business objectives and created a more seamless customer interface. Developed site schematic and wireframes. Recommended appropriate CMS options and managed Drupal development. Created a series of brand templates and style guides to govern the full product identity including print, digital, and trade show displays.
- Developed a self-service website that reduced labor costs by automating the distribution of product information.
- Improved the customer experience by applying new brand guidelines to all printed and electronic customer touchpoints including collateral, sales materials, tradeshows, and website.